Advancing risk-free and modern preservation solutions in beauty and personal care
INOLEX has expanded its current world patent portfolio of novel alkylhydroxamic acid technological know-how with the issuance of several new patents directed to the use of caprylhydroxamic acid and associated alkylhydroxamic acids for preservation of cosmetic, elegance, and personalized treatment formulations.
Caprylhydroxamic acid (CHA) is a 100% all-natural and conveniently biodegradable chelating agent that proficiently binds iron ions, ensuing in a potent fungistatic result. Also, its C8 acyl carbon chain imparts bacteriostatic character. The blend of these homes offers strong preservation effects in formulations by building an surroundings that inhibits microbial expansion.
Mixtures of CHA with medium chain terminal diols (MCTDs) are ideal for microbial regulate in beauty formulations, as demonstrated by way of INOLEX’s portfolio of safe and sound, wide spectrum preservation options.
The newly issued US Patent US11291204B2 is titled “Preservatives for beauty, toiletry and pharmaceutical compositions” and handles preservation compositions possessing a C6, C8, C10, or C12 alkylhydroxamic acid, like CHA, in mix with a variety of medium chain terminal diols this kind of as caprylyl glycol glyceryl caprylate and caprylyl glyceryl ether.
In accordance to Michael J. Fevola, PhD, VP Research & Improvement and Solution Stewardship at INOLEX, “The innovation enabled by INOLEX’s patents, utilizing synergistic mixtures of multifunctional components as essential elements of a hurdle engineering technique, is displacing conventional biocidal procedures to preservation. Our platforms provide developments that lower toxicological threats and environmental effects, building a new common for brands to achieve risk-free and powerful preservation of cosmetics and personalized treatment merchandise.”
INOLEX products protected by this patent are presented less than the Spectrastat brand name, and include things like Spectrastat, Spectrastat G2 All-natural MB, Spectrastat CGE Purely natural MB, and Spectrastat MHG Purely natural MB.
In addition to the aforementioned patent, the firm has expanded the world access of its alkylhydroxamic acid portfolio with Chinese Patent CN107595662B, titled “Synergistic compositions, formulations and related procedures for decreasing ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation”, and handles synergistic compositions of alkylhydroxyamic acids, which include CHA, with antioxidants to cut down ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation.
The patent also statements alkylhydroxamic acids in mix with anti-oxidants like ascorbic acid sodium ascorbyl phosphate ascorbyl palmitate tocopherols (vitamin E) tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E acetate) butylated hydroxytoluene butylated hydroxyanisole resveratrol quercetin uric acid carotenes glutathione melatonin and mixtures thereof.
An more patent application in Europe for the use of combinations of alkyl ethers of glycerol and CHA in beauty and dermatological formulations is pending. This application compliments an present portfolio of patents in Europe, acquired by INOLEX, that cover the use of CHA in purposes which includes hair styling with adaptable maintain, dandruff control in mix with sorbic acid, and combinations of CHA with aromatic alcohols. INOLEX components protected by the latter contain Phenostat, Benzostat, and Aromastat.
The breadth of INOLEX’s patented technologies underscores the company’s ongoing dedication to advancing the field of safe, efficient, and sustainable options for preservation of formulated products and solutions.
- CN 10-7595662 B – “Synergistic compositions, formulations and associated techniques for decreasing ultraviolet-induced lipid peroxidation”
- US 11,291,204 B2 – “Preservatives for cosmetic, toiletry and pharmaceutical compositions”
- EP 2 793 814 B1 – “Active substance mixtures of one particular or far more aromatic alcohols and octanohydroxamic acids, and cosmetic or dermatological preparations containing these lively compound combinations”
- EP 2 606 934 B1 – “Hair styling formulation for the generation of a flexible keep by suggests of octanohydroxamic acid”
- EP 2 793 820 B1 – “Use of an lively agent combination of sorbic acid and a hydroxamic acid versus dandruff”
- EP 2 793 815 A1 (pending) – “Active substance combos of a single or far more alkyl ethers of glycerol and one particular or far more physiologically suitable hydroxamic acids, and beauty or dermatological preparations made up of these types of active compound combinations”