Cytown, the metaverse at the moment remaining developed beneath South Korean software program developer Hancom and area social media services Cyworld Z, a short while ago acquired the inexperienced gentle from Google to launch a cellular app on the Playstore.
See similar posting: Be variety, rewind! South Korea’s Cyworld is again in Web 3. avatar
- Hancom will launch the Cytown metaverse just after it finishes linking its procedure with Cyworld Z, according to regional media reviews.
- Cyworld Z is a revamped social media system in South Korea that was hugely well-known in the region all around the mid-2000s.
- The initial Cyworld experienced 32 million consumers at one level, but its acceptance withered with the introduction of mobile social media services this kind of as Fb and Twitter.
- Whilst Cyworld Z’s social media app introduced back in April, it introduced that it will even more evolve its system working with cryptocurrencies, the metaverse and non-fungible tokens (NFTs).
- The Cytown metaverse will recreate Cyworld Z’s interactive social system in 3D, with its have financial system consisting of Dotori, the cryptocurrency issued by Cyworld.
- Cytown is still awaiting approval from Apple’s App Retail outlet.
- In the meantime, South Korea is rising its stake in the metaverse — before this year, its science ministry announced a US$185 million expenditure to construct the country’s metaverse ecosystem.
See similar report: South Korea locations $185M bet on the metaverse